I came across this amazing Blackberry Bread recipe on Cookin' for my Captain but I tweaked it a little and made mini loaves instead of one big loaf, changed some ingredients, omitted the toppings, and changed cook times so I wanted to share my changes with you :)
The cinnamon really adds that extra special touch but isn't too strong - the bread itself reminds me of Amish Friendship Bread. Sweet and delicious with just the right amount of spice. And of course the blackberries in it are to die for!
Yields: 4 mini loaves or 2 regular loaves
*My mini loaves came from a grocery store, they are paper safe bakeware. They are approx. 4.5" long by 2.5" tall and 2.25" deep.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Gently toss in your blackberries until lightly coated.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and the rest of the ingredients listed.
- Add the sugar mixture to the blackberry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour into 4 mini loaf pans (can be cardboard or metal / glass) and bake for approx 50-60 minutes. Check every 20 minutes or so (ovens vary!) and keep an eye on them.
- Remove from oven when top is golden brown and cracked open - yum!! Cool on wire rack.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for the mini loaves, you could easily switch out the blackberries for blueberries or raspberries (or mix them all together!!!) and it would still turn out amazing.
Let me know if you make this recipe, I'd love to hear your opinions!