Since joining my first Instagram swap a few months ago, I have been totally hooked! So obviously when i saw Carla (@cpeicheff) was hosting an Under The Sea Swap I absolutely had to join.
First, I want to share the package I made for my partner, Elise (@eliseandemelie), which I shipped off early because I'm an over-achiever and was super excited to do this swap! LOL
This swap allowed you to choose 3 main options from a list for items you'd like, and your partner was to decide which one(s) to make for you. Elise had lots of blues, greens, and sea themed items on her swap mosaic, but the form she filled out for the swap also listed some other shades of fabric she liked, so I tried to include a little of everything.
I mainly used Coral Queen of the Seas fabric line by MODA, as well as some Hearts by Dear Stella for the main pouch, and blue / aqua / green scraps for the sewing kit.
From her list of items, I chose to make a zipper pouch with EPP hexies that were sewn down in the "modern hexies" method, and added a little hand embroidery as well (not my strong suit but i tried) then finished it off with a little mermaid & suede tassel zipper charms.
- I used 2 charm squares to make a small dish, following the tutorial from A Spoonful of Sugar
- a fabric business card holder which is also a tutorial from A Spoonful of Sugar
- 2 charm squares to made a simple pincushion from my own tutorial.
- A scrappy sewing kit from Scrap Happy Sewing book by RetroMama
- A diamond coin purse from SeeKateSew's tutorial, scaled to make it smaller.
- A hand punched pack of 1" hexagon paper templates
- A pack of machine sewing needles and a gift box filled with goodies
- A sea themed colorable bookmark and matching gem shaped post-its
- A list pad and a Frixion pen.
- Some glue basted hexies in Coral Queen of the Sea fabric that match her pouch.
Each of the small sewing projects were super fast, taking only 10-15 mins or so each. They are great scrap busting projects and make perfect gifts to throw in a swap package.
Lastly, I put everything in the hexie pouch before shipping it off :) I really hope Elise enjoys her package as much as I enjoyed making everything!
Next time I'll talk about the package I received from my partner and show lots of pics :)